Discover stylish and practical window treatments tailored for your large windows to make the space more functional for day-to-day living. Transform your room with these large window treatment ideas to give you the ideal combination of practicality and aesthetics.
Large windows can be a great addition to any space. Providing plenty of natural light to your space gives the illusion of making a room of any size feel more spacious and bright and pick up on the fantastic views. On the other hand, these large openings may also bring in a large amount of heat, resulting in raised heating/cooling costs, creating unwanted glares, and challenging privacy. Various large window treatment ideas can help you consider different factors to pinpoint your needs. Factors of budget, functionality, easy maintenance, decorative, child-safe, and specific features for UV protection, light control, privacy, and motorization. Below, discover some of the large window treatment ideas The Shade Place has to offer.
What works best for large windows:
Blinds are hard window coverings with slats that can tilt for privacy and light control.
- Skyline® Panel-Track Blinds: More focused on tall and expansive windows. Sleek, gliding panels that stack tightly when open. Available in 450+ fabric/color choices.
- Cadence® Vertical Blinds: Luxurious appearance of soft drapery with added operational control with Cadence Soft Vertical Blinds. The Patented headrail design of Cadence Vertical Blinds allows them to move smoothly and silently along your windows.
- Somner® Vertical Blinds: There is a wide range of options in materials, colors, and textures for all design aesthetics. Choose finishes in fabric, vinyl, and aluminum styles.
- Vertical Solutions® Vertical Blinds: Minimal design to keep the room’s interior design the main priority. 40+ material and color choices.
These shadingsfeature fabric vanes that hang from a sheer back. This soft fa
bric gives a modern look to any room. Sheer shades offer several benefits, such as filtering incoming light, which helps to soften and diffuse the natural lighting, reduce glare, and UV protection.
- Luminette® Sheer Panels: Ideal for large windows and sliding glass doors. Light-diffusing, vertical sheer panel with fully integrated vertical vanes that provide UV protection enhances light and privacy control through the rotating fabric vanes—offered in 80+ fabric/color choices.
- Silhouette® Window Shadings: An adjustable S-shaped fabric vanes between front and back sheers panels. This shade lets you enjoy filtered light for a gentle and inviting atmosphere and daytime privacy by tilting the fabric vanes. The Silhouette Shading gives the ultimate light-enhancing shade with 150+ fabric/color choices.
- Pirouette® Window Shadings: Adjustable, softly contoured fabric vanes with a light-diffusing back panel. The uniqueness of the Pirouette fabric vanes and a single back sheer allow you to alter the light in your space on demand. Available in 90+ fabric/color choices.
Shades are window coverings that are made of one or multiple fabrics. Only being made of one solid material, the options are either open or closed. Some shade options offer light-filtering fabrics that will allow you to filter natural light into your space while controlling your privacy by keeping the shade down.
A clean, minimal design that is suitable for any room. These shades operate by rolling up or down smoothly. This window treatment is available in a wide selection of fabrics, colors, and designs, giving endless options for styling any room.
- Sonnette Roller Shades®: Operate cordlessly, similar to a traditional roller shade. The uniqueness of the Sonnette Roller Shade is that it filters light through two separate fabrics, which creates a warm and inviting glow and improves energy efficiency.
- Designer Banded Shades®: Adjustable, layered sheer, and solid fabric bands in a single shade. This design creates seamless transitions from open to closed, creating modern flexibility, plus light and privacy controls.
- Designer Screen Shades®: These shades are designed to protect against UV rays, helping safeguard your room’s interiors. These shades are available in varying opacity levels, giving you complete control over the amount of light to filter through.
Roman shades are a perfect option for tall and large windows. Roman Shades blend the look of elegance and simplicity. Roman Shades can be combined with our Side Panels and Drapery to create the perfect look for your space.
- Vignette® Roman Shades: Offered in flat or full folds. Vignette Modern Roman Shades have no exposed rear cords, offering a safer option for those with small children or pets. These shades are energy efficient, with room-darkening fabrics that block heat gain. The Fabric opacities vary from sheer, light filtering, or room darkening.
- Solera® Soft Shades: Add the benefit of energy efficiency with their innovative cellular construction that traps air, keeping your space warm in the winter and cooler during the summer months.
Large windows require large blinds. The Cellular Shades are exceptionally lightweight and easy to use while remaining value-priced, which makes for a great window treatment option. There is a wide range to choose from, including pleat sizes, colors, patterns, textures, and opacities (from light filtering to blackout).
- Duette® Honeycomb Shades: These shades feature a specially engineered honeycomb shape that traps air in distinct pockets, adding a layer of insulation at the window to help keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The Duette Honeycomb Shades is a great option to save on energy costs and maintain comfort year-round. The energy-efficient design of these shades comes in an array of luxurious, high-quality fabrics, pleat sizes, colors, and textures.